We presently receive only submissions for the Online Mag
… submissions for the PDF Mag Issues & the Sanafrita Chapbook Publications are closed!
We receive year-long submissions, firstly, of literary and art entries for the Bravearts Africa online mag (i.e. for our arts blog, BraveartsAfrica.com). We receive literary entries under the categories of poetry (poems), short/flash fiction (short stories), creative/critical essay, and spoken word performances (in audio — mp3/mp4 — version). Art entries, however, are received for exhibition on the Bravearts Africa online mag in the categories of painting, drawing, graphic art and photography art.
Secondly, we also receive entries in the category of Reviews (book reviews, music reviews, movie reviews and art reviews), Opinion Articles (on any sphere of the arts and entertainment industry), and Interview Pieces (in any sphere of the arts and entertainment industry).
• To submit to us in any of the above categories of entries that we receive for the Bravearts Africa online mag, please send submission/s of works as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please, include at the end of your submitted piece a brief formal or pretty informal author profile/bio written in the third person; plus, an author profile picture that may equally be formal or casual.
• Please, submit your works with the subject head SUBMISSION FOR ONLINE MAG.
• For artworks submitted, please take note to provide (an) artist’s statement/s in the body of the email for the artwork/s submitted and to give a general heading to be used for the work/s submitted. The individual artworks must be saved with their individual titles along with the artist’s name.
• We accept both previously published and unpublished works as well as simultaneous submissions.
• We presently do not pay for submissions, even though we hope for a time in the future when we could pay you our writers.
• Our writers retain the copyrights to their works, with the fact that when it is submitted to us we take that the writer expressly permits us to publish it on any of our nonprofit media platforms.
• Please send only one title, or same collection (e.g. a series or unified set), per time and do not send another until we have published your last entry.
• Also, do not edit/update and resubmit same work if we do not at all approve your entry as fit for publishing on Bravearts Africa. We may, however, suggest little editing updates if your work is being approved for Bravearts Africa.